Date(s) - 13 Aug 2012 until 16 Aug 2012
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Paton 4th Floor, Hyde Park Corner
This highly practical 4-day workshop teaches delegates how to effectively prepare and structure financial models. It also provides useful modelling techniques that can immediately be applied in the work place. Delegates must be familiar with Excel’s advanced functions pertaining to Financial Modelling.
The following topics are covered in detail:
- The process of building a financial model from scratch, understanding the importance of model specifications, structure and setting up the required sheets and financial statements.
- The interaction between Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow statements in financial models, and the necessity for utilising this approach.
- Specialised Excel techniques so far as they pertain to financial models, e.g. sensitivity analyses, create scenarios and data tables, etc.
- Discussions and exercises on the Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC), Net Present Values (NPVs) and Internal Rates of Return (IRR), and the importance of these measurements.
- Knowledge related to setting up “switches” in their models, allowing users to investigate the effect of different alternatives.
- Insight into the preparation of a valuation model (DCF) and the structure of M&A models incorporating the relevant Excel techniques and functions.
- Optimisation models utilising Excel’s “Solver” function
- Random probabilities, regression analysis and Monte Carlo simulations
SAICA members receive CPD hours upon attending.
For more information OR to request a course brochure please contact Gabby Noche on 011 325 5400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for the coursePlease note that all prices exclude VAT
Bookings are closed for this event.